Exercises After Varicose Vein Surgery
Varicose vein surgery is a medical intervention that is performed for treating the inflamed blood vessels, which often contribute to strangled skin and sensations of swelling. Varicose provides an aesthetic image that is often hard to accept by those affected and one of the ways it can be healed is through the special surgery intervention.
These blood vessels are usually located on legs, mainly calves. The effects of the surgery can offer an improved level of self-confidence for every patient. The presence of these unaesthetic blood vessels can also cause discomfort for a long period of time. This feeling will be present in an association with nagging pain and a constant itching sensation.
Most of the patients who get a varicose vein treatment or varicose vein surgery are often advised about the exercises they are allowed to perform or not. Exercise exerts a force on your muscles and does not allow the blood to pool again.
So here are some exercises that you can perform after varicose vein surgery:
1. Walking really is the best form of exercise to perform after any form of varicose vein treatment or varicose vein surgery. It works the foot pump, the calf pump, and the thigh pump to promote the flow of blood in the veins from the leg back to the heart. And it also promotes the healing process. It is wise to do as much walking as you can easily do after varicose vein surgery.
2. Running might be quite uncomfortable or difficult in the early stages so you might want to leave it a few days. You can go back to the gym as soon as you like. Low impact activities such as walking on a treadmill are absolutely fine and very good for the healing process.
3. You can also work your upper body with some gentle exercises such as rowing or some resistance for your upper body. Cycling is also a good low impact activity that is good for the leg circulation and which will promote the healing process.
4. With regard to swimming, it is suggested to leave it at least 2 weeks before getting into a public swimming pool. The water does have a lot of chlorine and it surely is not the same as the running water under the shower. In fact, you can have a shower as early as 48 hours after your vein treatments.
5. You can also join a Yoga Class but after 2-3 weeks of varicose vein surgery. If not then you can remember some easy steps and perform them at home while taking a break from daily routine.
The above-mentioned exercises are often recommended by the doctor and by the vein surgeons after you get your varicose vein surgery or varicose vein treatment.
Consistent and moderate exercises will help you recover from the varicose vein surgery much faster and believe me your legs will Thank You for these exercises.